WEST COLUMBIA, SC -- Registration is open in Lexington School District Two for the 2022-2023 school year for new and returning students.
Lexington Two families will complete registration online again this year.
- Families of new students will go to the district website and click on the Register button in the center of the home page to access forms.
- Families of returning students will complete the registration process through their PowerSchool Parent Portal accounts.
Two proofs of residency and a photo ID are required for students to register for classes in Lexington Two public schools, which are in the communities of Cayce, West Columbia, Springdale, Pine Ridge and South Congaree.
Once the online portion of registration is completed, two proofs of residency and a photo ID will need to be presented to the school -- in-person, by email or by fax -- before the first day of school on Monday, August 15, 2022. Parents/legal guardians must show one proof of residency from each category below:
- Tax receipt showing that both property and dwelling are in Lexington Two
- Mortgage receipt or bill
- Rental or lease agreement or a notarized letter from the landlord (must include the rental property address and the landlord/rental agency's contact address and phone number)
- Cable television bill
- Telephone bill
- Gas/electric bill
- Water/Sewer bill
- Official federal government documents
In addition, families of new students also must provide the following information and documents to their schools:
- Child’s name, age, date of birth and grade level for the 2022-2023 school year
- Photo of the parent/legal guardian driver's license
- Photo of child's birth certificate (long form) and immunization form
- For 4K students only, proof of income (acceptable forms of proof: child’s Medicaid card, parent/legal guardian’s pay stub or income tax information)
The Lexington Two Office of Student Services is available to help parents/legal guardians with special circumstances for registration, such as:
- Lack of two proofs of residency in the parent/guardian name
- Residence and utilities documents in someone else’s name
- Person registering student is not the legal guardian
- Family/student are homeless, as defined by Public Law No. 100 – 77
Parents/guardians with special circumstances may contact Student Services by phone at (803) 739-3141 or by stopping in at the office at the Lexington Two Community Education Center, 114 Hook Ave., West Columbia. Hours are 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday during the week of August 1, and 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday starting the week of August 8.