Parent IPad Information
PRMS iPad Air 2 Information
PRMS is excited to be offering our students one-to-one access to technology with our new iPad Air2 tablets. This page contains general information about the tablets, their use, and district policies.
Watch the Lex 2 Next video to learn how the iPads will be used and the optional insurance policy that is available.
Tablet Protection Plan
An optional $25 insurance policy against damage is being offered to parents. Information and the application are available in the school office. Note that insurance does not cover loss, theft or deliberate damage.
Tablet Repair Charges
If tablet insurance is not purchased, the student will be responsible for the full cost of repair or replacement.
Typical repair cost estimates:
- Full iPad- $430
- iPad case - $40
- Total cost for lost iPad and case - $470
- Damaged glass screen - $150
- Charger set - $24
- Charger brick - $12
- Charger cable - $12
GOLD Tablet Care Tips
General tips for taking care of the tablets
- Students will need be sure the iPad is fully charged each day for school use.
- Do not crimp the charge cable or try to force the cable into the tablet port.
- Turn off the tablet when not in use.
- Keep food and liquids away from the tablet.
- Always have the cover on when carrying the tablet or when it is in your backpack.
- Do not put pressure on the screen by putting things between the cover and the screen. Do not drop or step on your backpack if the tablet is inside.
- Keep the cover clean. Do not write on the cover or put stickers on it. The tablets are school property.
- Do not leave the tablet in a car or in a public place.
Tips for saving battery life
- Keep screen brightness as low as possible.
- Close out apps that you are not using.
- Do not play games or videos while at school.
District Technology Policy