Go for G.O.L.D.
Give our best
Own our learning
Lead by positive example
Demonstrate excellent manners
Students will complete this survey during their STING class on Thursday, February 16th.
What: GOLD Event
Why: PBIS Privilege
When: Takes place during Early Release Days
Who: Students who have 10 GOLD Cards signed for displaying G.O.L.D.
(Students with D notes MUST earn 5 Extra GOLD Cards for each d-note since the last GOLD event.)
Search for @PRMSGOLD on Twitter to follow us and keep up with school news.
Follow PRMS Sports on our sports twitter page (@PRMSSports). The coaches will use this as a way to get information out about their teams such as practices and games, as well as how a game is going.
Like us on Facebook - follow school events, see pictures and more!
PRMS_The Arts is dedicated to showcasing our G.O.L.D. Standard of excellence in the arts (Drama, Band, Chorus, Art, and Design). Follow us to see student projects, artwork and performances.
Student Clubs and Activities
Want to get involved? Join a PRMS club for students.
- National Junior Art Honor Society - The National Junior Art Honor Society (NJAHS) was developed to inspire and recognize students who have shown an outstanding ability and interest in art. As a member of our school's chapter you will have opportunities for special art projects, service projects related to the arts, leadership development, and scholarship opportunities. Students in the PRMS Honors Art program with a B average or higher qualify to be part of our chapter. Students register for this club each January.
- Yearbook Staff - Yearbook is designed for students in grades 7 and 8 that have an interest in creating/designing the yearbook. Students have the opportunity to not only create the cover design but the page layouts throughout the yearbook. Students are each responsible for designing a certain amount of pages by deadlines given by the yearbook company. They have the opportunity to take pictures, conduct surveys, collect data, and promote sales for the yearbook. Students will work on the LIfetouch website specifically designed to help them with the creation of the yearbook.This gives the students an opportunity to work together as a class to complete a a final product by March.
- Science Olympiad Team - Science Olympiad's line-up of events in all STEM disciplines exposes students to practicing scientists and career choices, and gives students the opportunity to engineer and build projects to compete against their peers.
- Band - The Pine Ridge Middle School Band program involves 110 students in 6th grade beginning band and 7th and 8th Grade Concert Band. Our band students have earned numerous awards both as an ensemble and individually. We have placed students in the Region Band, All-State Band, and Limestone College Honor Band. The PRMS Band has also earned 'excellent' and "superior' ratings in festival performance.
- Jammin' Jackets Choral Group - Jammin' Jackets is an elite group of singers who enjoy performing and learning everything they can about choir. These students are chosen through an audition and interview process. Jammin' Jackets isn't all ab
out being a great singer, but rather it is about dedication, heart, and giving G.O.L.D!
- Student Council - Pine Ridge Middle School student council is a governing body comprised of 3-4 representatives from each grade level. Students are exposed to an extensive interview process, election and recommendations from their peers and teachers. The council is also a Palmetto Member of the South Carolina Association of Student Councils where we attend a leadership camp, multiple conferences and district rallies throughout the state. Our student council participates in many team building activities, pep rallies, community events and Gold Rush.
- Volleyball - PRMS Volleyball competes with schools in our district and our division. The athletes on our team have positive attitudes and give GOLD on and off the court. Their volleyball skills grow through aggressive practices and matches throughout the year.
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA)
Keep up with your grades and other information using Student Portal (also called Parent Portal). Your username and password are the same as your school computer login, but only use the first four digits of your password. Link: http://ps.lex2.org/public/
Student Research Help
Visit your library website for help with research, technology, book sites and much more. Click on the Library tab at the top of the page and then go to the Student Information page.
Is your teacher using Edmodo to create class assignments? Login here at the PRMS Edmodo site - http://prms.edmodo.com. Then use the teacher's class code to join her class.